The Watchman

The Watchman

Friday, July 30, 2010

A Quick Laugh

Last night some friends threw a NOT housewarming party for me. I can't remember what they decided to call it, but they did decide that my house had been warm enough this year. Needless to say, this sense of humor continued throughout the evening.

One sweet lady sent a bunch of CDs. It was a very eclectic assortment - from big band to classical and new age to gospel, with a little meditation music and yodeling songs thrown in. I was really enjoying it, because even though they may not have been the CDs I once owned, the variety reflected our collection. In one box there was a CD by Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle from the Andy Griffith Show) singing inspirational songs. I commented to the group that I used to have a similar CD by Andy Griffith that I just loved and I didn't think I would be able to replace it. My mother-in-law also commented on how nice the Andy Griffith CD had been. Someone else commented that there was a second box and it might be in there.

Guess what - when I went through the second box, there it was. We all had a great laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Snort! What clever friends you have down there! That party is a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete