The Watchman

The Watchman

Friday, December 21, 2012

All I Want For Christmas by Emily

This morning I was greeted by an early Christmas gift from Emily.  It was a little book she had written and illustrated in her class entitled, "All I Want For Christmas".  Each page is written in the form of a letter.

While Rick didn't see the humor in it so much, by the time I finished reading, I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.  It is worth sharing:

Mom,

I need a hamster so when you are gone I can have someone with me so I won't be alone.

Your Amazing and Awesome,
Emily



I can play with it and feed it with a bowl of food and water and I could give it treats.

Your Sweet,
Emily


I would have it for keeping company when I am in my room and no one is in there with me.  I would have it in it's cage so it wouldn't escape.

Yours Truly,
Emily


I could read it stories and listen to music with it and when Lela is in the shower I could play with it.

Your Sweetpea Girl 5,
Emily


Mom,
If you really want to make me happy this Christmas than can you please get me a hamster.

Your Thoughtful,
Emily

When I was young and would ask for something, my dad would expect me to provide him with reasons why what I desired would be beneficial not only to me, but to him and the family.  I think this little book reminded me so much of myself and that is why I love it.

And no, there is not going to be a hamster under the tree on Christmas morning, but her birthday is coming soon, so maybe......

2 comments:

  1. I love her sense of humor! How cute is that? Keep us updated on the hamster front. She knows what she wants!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hamster for her birthday. Big sigh of relief on dad's part.

      Delete