The Watchman

The Watchman

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Monsters Come Out to Play

This last week, everywhere I went, I was surrounded by monsters, aliens and visitors from other lands.  Some of them were scary and others were very sweet.  Some were very talented or athletic and others just wanted treats.

Luckily I had my phone and my camera so I could document these sightings.  I wonder if I could sell them to the National Enquirer or maybe World News.

Thursday, I attended a benefit concert at the local high school.  The auditorium was packed. Not so unusual, but the site that greeted us on stage was.  The performers all seemed a little different.  Here are a couple of the performances, so you can judge for yourself.  (Sorry for the poor quality, but not expecting what I saw, I only had my trusty Droid to capture the occurence.)




These two visitors decided to come home with me.  Luckily they are kind of cute and seem very bright.


On Saturday, I was participating with my daughters in a benefit race for their school.  The thought was that this would be a good test race for me before my big race this Saturday and would hopefully convince my girls that I wouldn't die in Grafton.  I guess the name, The Monster Mile, should have given me a clue that this would not be an ordinary race.  We were greeted by all sorts of strange characters at the check-in station and a few of them even raced with us.



I think for a first time, the girls and I did okay.  Emily even managed to sneek up and scare her dad after finishing the race.



And then there was Monday.  But now I was prepared.  I knew what to expect.  Besides, the calendar let me know that it was Halloween, the day the monsters do come out to play.  So I was not at all surprised to attend a choir concert at the Elementary School and see this:


I guess knowledge that I was documenting of these peculiar sightings spread, because I did receive the following photos.






After so many days of being surrounded by all these strange guests, I was saddened yesterday to find that they had all disappeared.  But as these little visitors said, "It's a small world."  I look forward to seeing them again next year.  Besides, I understand that an overly large elf is getting ready to come visit in just a few weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment