The Watchman

The Watchman

Friday, July 27, 2012

Let the Games Begin

Our family loves the Olympics.  In 2002, we were fortunate to be living in Northern Utah and so had the opportunity to experience the Salt Lake Winter Olympics first hand.  Experiencing first hand the energy, excitement and brotherhood that is the Olympics had a great impact on my children.  I remember standing in line for one venue and my boys playing Snake with a couple from Russia.  During the Paralympic opening ceremony, we sat behind a group from Poland.  They would turn around and give us thumbs up and cheer with us through the ceremony.

Yesterday, Hunter posted this on Facebook:  I may not be the biggest fan of the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, PGA, or follow any college teams (except the Aggies), but I am a huge fan of the Olympics! The next seventeen days are going to be AMAZING!


Below are some pictures from those events ten years ago:












Enjoy the games everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment