The Watchman

The Watchman

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Why?

I have been going through the emails that Hunter sent home while serving in the Montana Billings Mission compiling them into a single Word document so that I can then print them and put them in his scrapbook of pictures.  It has been so much fun to look back and see how his testimony and confidence grew during those two years.  It was also interesting to note how often the question of Why? would enter into these messages as he struggled to learn and understand and accept from the experiences he was having.

The question of Why? often comes up as I am with my children or participate in my church assignments.  Why does something happen?  Why does someone struggle?  Why do we have to have trials and adversity? Why do bad things sometimes happen to good people and only good seems to happen to others?

Often the only answer I have is that I don't know.  The path we travel is sometimes the result of our own choices, but other times it is the plan of a loving Heavenly Father to guide us and bring us back to live with Him.  I do not know all.  I am mortal and here to learn, but I can believe.  I can believe in the Atonement of Christ.  I can believe in the power of repentance and forgiveness.  I can believe in the joy I feel each time I know I have made a right choice.  I can believe that the trials I have are helping me grow in spirit.  I can believe that all that I experience can be for my good.  I can believe in the power of prayer.  I can believe that Heavenly Father loves me and knows me.  I do not need to know Why?

I can Believe....

Ryan's LDS Quotes

4 comments:

  1. I love that verse you shared at the end. To make it better though, you need to add verse 10 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift for Hunter! Belief and Faith. What a wonderful gift for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that there are times it is only through faith that I make it through. It is a wonderful gift.

      Delete