The Watchman

The Watchman

Friday, June 22, 2012

Dance Forever - Together


So I am home from an amazing evening/morning with my forever best friend.  Rick did such a great job planning our 24th anniversary celebration.  It has become a tradition for us to sneak away to Springdale for a night away from the kids and just be us.  It is kind of fun to play tourist once in a while and the residents in Springdale are very cool about not talking business when they see us together or they ask my permission first.  Since Zion National Park is one of the big reasons we moved here, I am glad that we can enjoy it without Rick's job interfering.

Dinner last night was at the Bit N Spur.  When we entered the restaurant, we were greeted by name.  A woman standing in front of waiting to be seated turned around and asked us since we had obviously been there before, what we would recommend.  Seriously, I go to the Bit N Spur when I want a fantastic steak or creme brulee, so that is my recommendation.  By the time the host came back, he wanted to make sure we weren't with her.  He knew us, but thought maybe we had brought her and her family, because we were chatting like old friends.  Yep, that is one of the things I love most about Springdale - the people you meet.

We ate dinner on the patio and watched the sun set and the hummingbirds flitter.  Unfotunately my phone was acting up and my camera wouldn't work.

Breakfast this morning was at another favorite spot, Oscar's Cafe.  Rick has been raving forever about the breakfast burritos, so it was about time I tried them.  It was so enormous, I only finished half and will still probably be full until dinner tonight.  
My sweetheart
View from the patio during breakfast.

Last night we stayed at the Cliffrose Lodge and Gardens.  I swear this place is magical.  I love to wander through the gardens.  There is such attention to detail and so many hidden surprises.  Last night after dinner, we walked down by the river and sat on a bench looking at the stars.  I know there are more stars in the sky over Springdale than anywhere else.  We sat for over an hour talking, looking at stars and listening to the river.  It was such a beautiful night.  At one point we looked over and saw a deer walking out of the trees.  She sat and stared at us for awhile while we stared at her and then she continued on her way along the river.  

Here are some pictures of the beautiful gardens and the backdrop is spectacular.

View from the balcony outside our room.  You can see the swimming pool
behind the tall pine trees
More of the view showing the playground area
The bench where we watched the stars.  The bowery in the background and
all the open area is a beautiful place to hold a wedding.

This very well could have been the deer we saw the night before.  Spingdale and
Zion Canyon are full of wildlife.




This path is behind the hotel and continues to the entrance to Zion
National Park.
The swimming pool, love the waterfall into the hottub.
Firepit by the river
Firepit hidden in the garden.  There are lots of these little barbecue areas for guests. 
This little patio area was right off our room.  What a great place to meet with
friends to enjoy the sunrise or the beautiful evenings.  We also had a small
private balcony right off our room.

It was such a great evening.  I love Rick so much; more and more every year.  I feel truly blessed to have been married to my best friend for 24 years and look forward to dancing forever together.

Our song:


No comments:

Post a Comment