The Watchman

The Watchman

Saturday, June 30, 2012

I Love to See the Temple

Rick's dad and stepmom are visiting Utah this week.  Yesterday we spent the day in Salt Lake City "shopping" in the new City Creek Center, although more looking was done than shopping, and visiting the adjacent LDS Church sites of Temple Square, LDS Conference Center and Church Office Building.  Here are some fun photos of the day.

Sitting by one of the many statues in the City Creek Center

In front of the Salt Lake Temple with Rick's dad

I love this image of Christ putting his arms around my children

Had to check out Wil's choir seat in the Conference Center


The roof of the Conference Center

With our host, Leigh, touring the roof gardens of the Conference Center.
You can only go on the roof with a host.

Photo on the roof of the Conference Center.  We were asked to look into the
photo to find ourselves in the reflection.  The photo represents the family of man.


All of us with the Salt Lake Temple in the background.  Thanks Leigh for being
our photographer.

The State Capitol from the 26th Floor Observation Deck of the Church Office Building.

Looking onto the Conference Center.


Looking on to Temple Square.

This was our first visit with our girls to Temple Square.  They absolutely loved it and all the interactive exhibits.  Rick's dad commented on the sense of peace and love he felt being in this special place. It reminded me of the song my children have learned in Primary:

I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll covenant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A family is forever.

(I Love to See The Temple, Words and music: Janice Kapp Perry, b. 1938)



With my sweetheart.  We were sealed together for eternity  in the Salt Lake Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment