The Watchman

The Watchman

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Life is a Surprise

For some reason, I woke up the other morning remembering a conversation I had with my Dad a few years ago.  It took place about the time Hunter graduated from high school and my dad told me that he had never thought I would get married and have children.  He had always thought that I would be the one who traveled and never really settled down.

I guess he never thought I would meet someone like Rick.  With him, I have learned there are no limits.  Together we can do anything.  We have been to more than half the 48 contiguous states in this great country and I know one day we will visit all 50, along with a few other countries thrown in.  In 24 years, we have lived in South Weber Utah, Logan Utah, Prince George Virginia, El Paso Texas, Colorado Springs Colorado, Uintah Highlands Utah, South Ogden Utah, St George Utah and La Verkin Utah.  Each move has brought our family closer together.  Our commitment to each other has helped us raise five amazing children.


So Happy Anniversary to my forever sweetheart.  Wherever we're together, that's my home.

Thank you Billy Joel for saying it so eloquently.


No comments:

Post a Comment