The Watchman

The Watchman

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Month of Gratitude - November 10

Today Jon went with a friend to the family ranch.  Of course we found out about the trip fifteen minutes before he was supposed to leave.  When asked what he needed, he replied that he had been told to dress warm and wear boots.

I looked at his feet and he was wearing his skate shoes.  Besides shoes for church, I realized at that moment that these are the only other shoes my son owns.  In case you don't know what skate shoes are, they look something like this:

Not really the best for keeping feet warm on a day spent outside with intermittent rain and snow flurries.

Why am I grateful for this predicament you may wonder?

The rest of the story:

Last night, I had the need to get out of the house and spend some time with just Rick.  Too much Go-Go-Go over the last couple of weeks had me feeling pretty anxious at the end of a do-nothing day and needing to get out of the house and go for a walk.  Since it was too cold for a walk outside, Rick decided a trip to the local WalMart would be perfect.  I could walk around the store and he could look for Christmas lights for the Town.  In the process of my walking (more like meandering), we went by the shoe department and Rick saw something that caught his eye; these:
Ozark Trail - Men's Putty 2 Waterproof Hiking Boots; Size 10 1/2

So guess what Jon was able to wear to the ranch.  Glad this son is as tall as his dad and comes with the same size feet.  Also glad I have a husband who actually enjoys shopping.

2 comments:

  1. Two men with the same sized feet. Lucky!! Christian just went sledding this weekend in his skate shoes. I was mortified. Guess I'll have to make a stop at Wally World. I'm also glad you were able to get a bit of alone time with that man of yours. WOnderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes just shake my head at what my kids wear. Keep wondering who their parents were, what they are being taught at home. :)

      Delete