The Watchman

The Watchman

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Month of Gratitude - November 8

I am sitting here completely exhausted, but breathing a huge sigh of relief - the Fall Festival at La Verkin Elementary is over, finished, complete, put to bed.  And I am ready to be put to bed as well.  I am just sitting here trying to decompress so that when I do go to bed, I won't toss and turn and keep Rick awake.

The biggest thought in my head right now is that I live in an AMAZING community.  This is why we moved here.  This is what I longed for my children to experience.  This is what I remember from my youth.  This is what I dreamed La Verkin would be like before I even knew where it was.

Because I am just a girl who can't say no, I opened my mouth and volunteered to organize the rescheduled Fall Festival.  (By rescheduled, I mean that it used to be known as the Spring Carnival.)  Originally I had just about six weeks to get something pulled together, but a conflict with the teacher's schedule resulted in two extra weeks.  (Whoooooooo!)  With the change of date from spring to fall, it soon became clear that many of the things that worked in the spring when it was light later and the event could be held outside would not transfer to a fall event when it would be dark. No bounce house, no fire truck with hose, no unlimited seating area for a dinner, no petting zoo, no dirt pile to dig in - I think you get the picture.

Thank goodness that the faculty and staff of the school were amenable to relocating the event inside as much as possible.  Thank goodness there are incredible people in this community that are willing to step up and make what seemed insurmountable doable.  Thank goodness for those who had paid to be there, but at the end of the night pitched in to help make sure the building was clean and ready for school in the morning.

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! to everyone that made the reinstated La Verkin Fall Festival such a resounding success its first year.

No comments:

Post a Comment