The Watchman

The Watchman

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Month of Gratitude - November 27

This morning I chased my daughter up the driveway.  She was having her normal "You may walk me to the bus stop, but I am not going to acknowledge you" attitude and had hurried up the driveway well ahead of us.  So rather than call to her to slow down, I ran.  When I caught up to her, she said that all my walking now had her worried, because I could actually catch her.  I also showed her that I can run literal circles around her.

Tonight, I was asked to take dinner into a neighbor's home who had recently had a baby.  After the meal was prepared to be delivered, I asked Rick if he would like to join me on the delivery.  He gladly agreed to go along.  I then asked if he had his car keys.  Instead he suggested we walk.  How nice it was to walk down the street with my husband on a beautiful evening and be able to have a conversation and not feel out of breath.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, girl! I must admit, I'd be waving to my daughter like a lunatic if she didn't want me to come along....clearly, you're the better (and healthier!) person!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is probably Rick who is the healthier person. He holds me back when I want to run to the bus stop and plant a big smooch on her cheek.

      Delete