The Watchman

The Watchman

Monday, November 26, 2012

Month of Gratitude - November 26

It is fun when the family can get together.  It is especially fun when there are so many exciting things to celebrate.  I am so grateful for all the family that traveled over the river and through the woods to be with us over the Thanksgiving Holidays.  These are memories we will always treasure.

I am especially grateful today that everyone had safe travels on their journey home and were able to arrive at their final destination without incident.

One of the greatest blessings I have had in my life is family.  We may not always agree, but when we need each other, we know our family will be there.

Growing up I know that I took this blessing for granted.  That is until I met Rick.  One of our first dates was to my Memorial Day Family Reunion.  Rick was amazed at how many cousins, aunts and uncles I had.  He had grown up with a very limited extended family.  There were not many big family gatherings or celebrations.  The idea of family gathering together for baby blessings, baptisms, ordinations, graduations, or extracurricular activities as routine was not something he thought of, while for me they were expected.

My children have been blessed to have the support and love of a large extended family.  I am so grateful that this tradition has continued into another generation.  I am also grateful that my own children are continuing the tradition.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Ann. Big, extended families are such a gift. I miss mine so much!
    I'm very happy to read that your Thanksgiving was a blessed one <3

    ReplyDelete